09 August, 2013

Happy 48th Birthday Singapore!


Velvet tank top, denim jacket, overseas / Zara-esque skorts, Sheinside / Socks, Topshop / Sneakers, Converse / Beanie, Talisman / Necklace, sunglasses, flea market / Hologram bag, H&M

Singapore turns 48 today! Feeling patriotic for my country, I decided to be decked out in red and white, which is the colour of the Singapore flag, for those who don't already know. The hologram bag I'm carrying would represent the stars and moon on Singapore's flag since they are known to shine bright in the sky. 

Every year on the 9th of August, there is a National Day Parade, where various kinds performances are held to celebrate another year of independence. Everyone who managed to get tickets for the parade will definitely be wearing a red t-shirt. As for people like me, who didn't manage to get the tickets, will get to watch the parade live on tv, or go to Marina Bay to see the fireworks. Last year the whole family went to Marina Square to see the fireworks, and it did get my eyes tearing (they always tear up when I see fireworks live...). This year I'll probably be at home watching the parade live on tv.

Coincidentally (or not), I look like I'm dressing up for 4th of July with the blue, red and white, although the day's long over. Well, Happy Birthday Singapore! Majulah Singapura (which means onwards, Singapore!) and Happy 48 years of independence and counting!

10 comments:

  1. So cute ugh

    I'm Delilah. Just stop by and I think you've got a really nice blog!

    My blog is http://dancinginmyawkwardarms.blogspot.com

    I'm focus on fashion illustrating, so if you interested please take a look and maybe follow me if you like it. Thank you.

    Delilah,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely comment, Delilah! ♥

      Delete
  2. In love with your skirt! You have such a lovely blog!
    -Vivian from stylemeendless

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bunnie ear beanie is adorable! Haha you're so cute!

    Stop by sometime, xo Natalie
    lavagabonddame.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie, thank you so much! Your style is so amazing, I'm really honored you'd think that of me! xo

      Delete
  4. Cute outfit! I love how its dedicated to your country :) I love the hat!

    heyniki.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niki! Yes, I love it too! In fact, I'm a little obsessed! :)

      Delete
  5. I went ot Marina Bay a couple years ago for the fireworks! You guys put on an impressive show!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Isa! I'm glad you liked the fireworks! Hope you enjoyed Singapore! <3

      Delete

Thank you for visiting Color With Rouge! Do leave a comment and share your thoughts! I read every comment and each comment is much appreciated ♡ Hope you enjoyed your stay!

Instagram @nsyerin